Studying in Thailand FAQ

Can I work whilst I study?

Your education visa does not allow you to work in Thailand. Saying that, some students do manage to find work at English camps, although this is illegal.

If you have a Non-Immigrant Visa “B” (business and work), you are allowed to study (if, of course, you have enough time away from your job).

Do I have to speak Thai?

There are plenty of international universities that are taught in English only. Please double check the university as some international universities (although not many), teach in English and Thai.

How long will my ED visa be valid for?

Once you have received the ED visa stamp in your passport, you will be valid to stay in Thailand for 90 days on entry. After the 3 months, you will have to renew your visa at the nearest immigration office, who will then give you a 6 months visa. For every visa renewal after that, you will be given a 1 year visa.

How much does the ED visa cost?

It will cost $80 USD for the original visa. Every time you renew your visa at the immigration office, you will have to pay an additional ฿1,900